Thursday, November 12, 2009

Attention Craigslist and Ticketmaster...

...and any other websites that require me to write the words I see on the screen in the box below to proceed: in order for me to correctly copy these words, they must be somewhat legible. I have no idea what this process proves to you, why correctly copying a meaningless word qualifies me to buy tickets or post an ad trying to sell a camera. But when you make it impossible to do so by presenting to me a "word" that just looks like an ink smudge with a couple dots above it, you defeat your own purpose. When I have to sit for minutes on end, debating if the symbol I'm looking at is a lowercase "g" or part of the uppercase "H" that preceded it, and then am told I'm wrong and have to start all over, the system has broken down. I have a pretty handy mastery of the English language. I can certainly copy words. Don't try and make me feel stupid for doing it wrong when you're the ones who can't present the material properly. Harumph.

2 comments:

  1. Good old CAPTCHAS...you could devote a whole website to the silly combinations that they come up with...once I swear I got one that said "Sluttie Boy" when trying to include a link on Facebook. Not sure what Facebook knew but glad I got the message...

    ReplyDelete